Thanksgiving day is loaded with lots of eating, conversation and, for my family, the Thanksgiving parade! Every year, there’s bound to be someone who wants to start dinner before its ready. Start your guests off with a gourmet Cheese Platter and an Apple Cider Mimosa to help ease those hungry bellies till dinnertime!
Gourmet Cheese Platter
Attractive platter or tray
- Soft (mozzarella, brie, goat cheese)
- Semi-firm (gouda, jarlserg, chedder)
- Aged (asiago, parmigiano
- Blue (gorgonzola)
- Fresh fruit (strawberry, figs, grapes, apples)
- Dried fruit (apricots, raisins)
- Cold cuts (pepperoni, prosciutto, salami)
- Veggies (olives, carrots, celery)
Nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios)
Crackers and crusty bread (bagel chips, artisanal crisps)
1. Lay all items out on the platter/tray and leave out for easy access!
Apple Cider Mimosa
3oz. apple cider
Bowl of water
Brown sugar for garnish
Apple slices for garnish
1. Dip edge of champagne flute into water, then dip wet edge into brown sugar.
2. Premixing ingredients is not required, if preferred pour 1/3 glass with apple cider then top drink off with champagne.
3. Add apple slice for garnish.
Note: Replace champagne with ginger ale or sparkling water to make this drink appropriate for children!